I'm Full Professor of Computer Science at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis / Université Côte d'Azur (UCA). From septembre 2017, I belong to the Computer Science department of the Polytech Nice Sophia Antipolis Engineering School. From december 2017, I'm deputy director of the engineering shool in charge of the corporate relations. I'm also responsible for apprenticeship at the CS Master level and I'm teaching different courses mainly related to Software Engineering.
As a researcher, I'm a member of the I3S laboratory (UMR CNRS-UNS 7271), involved in the Sparks team.
- Paper "Multifaceted Automated Analyses for Variability-Intensive Embedded Systems" accepted at the main research track of ICSE'19 conference (ranked A* )
- Don't forget the SPLC'19 Research track deadline (12/19 march 2019) !
- La CTI a donné son aval pour l'ouverture de l'apprentissage sur 3 ans dans la spécialité Informatique de Polytech Nice Sophia. Ouverture en septembre 2019 ! La campagne de recrutement va commencer début 2019...
- Article "Concern-Oriented Language Development (COLD): Fostering Reuse in Language Engineering" accepted in the International Journal Computer Languages, Systems and Structures.
- 15 mai, 11h, Campus Sophia Tech, amphi Forum, présentation aux entreprises de l'apprentissage en Master Informatique et dernière année Ingénieur Polytech. Responsables RH ou techniques, inscrivez-vous sur https://www.eventbrite.fr/e/billets-reunion-de-presentation-apprentissage-polytech-45284531252 Le support de présentation est maintenant disponible !
- 3 mai, 18h, Campus Sophia Tech, rencontre after-work entre les M2 5A ingénieur informatique et les M1 / 4A : apprentissage, stage, entreprise, venez échanger !
- Best Paper Award "Software Design and Development" at SAC'2018 (4 awards for 40 tracks) for the paper "Assessing the Functional Feasibility of Variability-Intensive Data Flow-Oriented Systems"!
- Paper "Teaching DevOps at the Graduate Level, a report from Polytech Nice Sophia" accepted at DEVOPS'18 workshop !
- December 2017: Proud to become Deputy Director in charge of corporate relations of Polytech Nice Sophia !
- Dec 1st, 2017: PhD defense of Xhevahire Ternava: Handling Variability at the Code Level: Modeling, Tracing and Checking Consistency
- (PhD in nov. 2017, co-supervised with Ass. Prof. Sébastien Mosser):
- Paper "Assessing the Functional Feasibility of Variability-Intensive Data Flow-Oriented Systems" accepted at SAC-2018 track VSPL !
- Paper "Supporting Micro-services Deployment in a Safer Way: a Static Analysis and Automated Rewriting Approach" accepted at SAC-2018 track SOAP !
- Software Product Lines and variability engineering (large scale management of variability-aware software, composition of feature models, relationships to software architectures, reverse engineering of variability models, domain-driven multiple software product lines)
- Model-Driven Engineering (separation of concerns, composition, lightweight DSL engineering, variability in requirement engineering and goal modeling)
- Application of variability engineering to other disciplines (information systems, web infrastructures, graphical user interfaces and dashboards, cyber-physical systems and sensing infrastructures, software security, sustainability)
- Self-adaptive systems (software architecture of the feedback control loops, large-scale management)
- From November 2016, member of the editorial board of the SoSyM journal, Springer (International Journal on Software and Systems Modeling)
- 2019: VAMOS'2019 workshop (PC), SPLC'2019 (PC), SPLC'2019 tutorials (co-chair), SPLC'2019 tools and demo (PC)
- 2018: SPLC'2018 (PC), SPLC'2018 (Data, demonstration and tool co-chair), TTC'18 contest (PC)
- 2017: SPLC'2017 (PC), MODELS'2017 (demonstration and tool co-chair), VAMOS'2017 workshop (PC), SEAA'17/SPLSeco Track (PC), TTC'17 contest (PC), CIEL'2017 (steering chair)
- 2016: SPLC'2016 (PC), MODELS'2016 (PC), VAMOS'2016 workshop (PC), SEAA'16/SPLSeco Track (PC), SERA'2016 (PC), TTC'16 contest (PC), CIEL'2016 (PC, steering chair)
- 2015: Modularity'2015 (Demo and Poster chair), SPLC'2015 (PC), SEAA'2015-SPLSeco (PC), CIEL'2015 (steering committee), VAMOS'2015 workshop (PC), FMSPLE worskhop (PC), SPLTea workshop at SPLC (PC), SPLat workshop at SPLC (PC), Sustainability workshop at Modularity (PC), CIEL'2015 (PC, steering chair)
- 2014: general chair of the VAMOS'2014 workshop in Nice, ECMFA'2014 (PC), SPLC'2014 (PC), SEAA'2014-SPLSeco (PC), SERA'2014 (PC), CIEL'2014 (steering committee), SPLTea workshop at SPLC (PC), SPLat workshop at SPLC (PC), CIEL'2014 (PC, steering)
- 2013: ECMFA/ECOOP/ECSA'2013 joint Doctoral Symposium (co-chair), VAMOS'2013 (PC co-chair), CIEL'2013 (steering committee), SERA'2013 (PC), AMINO workshop at MODELS (PC), CMA workshop at MODELS (PC), JLDP'2013 (PC), CIEL'2013 (PC, steering)
- Deputy Director in charge of corporate relations of Polytech Nice Sophia, starting december 2017
- Coordinator of the apprenticeship part of Master IFI (1st and 2nd master years in Computer Science, more than 50 students per year), starting september 2014: Master IFI par apprentissage
- Software Engineering (basic concepts, object-orientation in SE, unit testing, mocks, test-driven development, design patterns, dynamic class loading, with the Java language)
- Software Product Lines and Variability Management
- Software Project Management (requirements, planning, agile principles and practices, software configuration & construction, V&V, testing, test-driven development, profiling, support tools for versioning, bug tracking)
Positions and Education
- Sept 2017: Full Professor, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis / Université Côte d'Azur (teaching at the Polytech Nice Sophia engineering school)
- Sept 2013: appointed as Full Professor at Université Nice Sophia Antipolis (teaching at the Faculty of Sciences)
- Dec 2011: obtained HDR ("Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches") from Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
- Sept. 2010 - Aug. 2011: Full-time researcher (delegation) at CNRS (I3S lab)
- Sept 1999: apppointed as Assistant Professor at Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
- 1999: Postdoc - University of Glasgow (Scotland, UK)
- 1998: Research and Teaching Assistant at Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
- 1997-1998: Qualification Engineer at French Navy Technical Center in Toulon
- Dec. 1997: obtained PhD in Computer Science from Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
e-mail : Philippe[DOT]Collet[AT]unice[DOT]fr
|I3S Research Lab & Teaching dept at Polytech Nice Sophia
Phone: +33 (0)4 89 15 41 59
Room: 445 (Templiers 1 building)
Laboratoire I3S - UNS - UCA / CNRS UMR 7271