I am researcher at French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS).
I received my PhD in Computer Science from the University of Nice - Sophia Antipolis in 1994. During my PhD, I explored the use of software engineering paradigms in the field of structured document manipulation. I defined both a frame-based language for representing document models, and a system of context-aware document generation and configuration (cf. the research topic of language-based systems). In my thesis, I named this concept "context controlled document".
From 1995 to 1996, I continued my research on document manipulation in Paradocs, a startup company I launched. The aim of this work was to design a structured document editor that is as easy to use as a word processor.
From 1997 to 1998 I was a postdoctoral fellow at the Biophysics and Bioinformatics Laboratory of the University of Athens. My research has focused on protein structure prediction, more specifically the prediction of a protein's secondary structure from its amino acid sequence.
From 1999 to 2000, I worked at French National Institute for Research in Computer Science and Control (INRIA) where I conducted research on language-based systems. I continued this research at Schlumberger, Smart Cards & Terminals division (now Gemalto) in 2001.
I worked at Villefranche Oceanographic Laboratory (LOV), the Institute of Biology Valrose (iBV), the Multidisciplinary Centre for Earth Science and the Environment (PPME) and, currently at I3S laboratory.
- Data mining
- Machine learning
- Data integration
- Computational biology
- Natural language processing
- Advances in Bioinformatics, Hindawi publishing
- Bulletin du Cancer, John Libbey Eurotext
- Bioinformatics, Oxford University Press
- BMC Bioinformatics, BioMed Central
- Computers in Biology and Medicine, Elsevier
- Epigenomics, Future Medicine Ltd
- Information Sciences, Elsevier
- Information Systems, Elsevier
- Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Wiley Online Library
- PLOS Computational Biology, Public Library of Science
- Recent Patents on Computer Science, Bentham Science