DB-NTMR contains the inter-transmembrane regions of 9392 transmembrane proteins automatically extracted from the SwissProt database. Each non-transmembrane segment is described in one record containing:
- the access code of the sequence containing the segment (ID line),
- the index number of the region in the same sequence,
- the length of the transmembrane region,
- the start and end position of the region,
- the location of the region in the protein described by the letter 'E' for Extracellular, the letter 'C' for Cytoplasmic, or a question mark if unknown,
- the amino-acid letters of the residues located inside the considered region.
DB-NTMR is available at the Biophysics and Bioinformatics Laboratory of the University of Athens.