Professor at University Nice-Sophia antipolis
Research Lab: I3S Laboratory, Team SPARKS
Research interests: kernel-based SVM, Boosting, Ensemble Learning, Random Forest, Artificial Neural Networks, Deep Learning, (Inter-)Active learning, Long-term learning, Large Scale learning, Machine Learning Hybridization, Pattern Recognition
Research contexts: Multimedia Indexing/Classification, Content-Based Multimedia Retrieval, Text mining, Applications to Bio-Medical data, Application to environmental data, Application to sensor netowrks
Current PhD students:
- Lucas Malleus, Algoritms for data search and retrieval based on 2D and 3D content, 2014-2017, contract with Autodesk
- Ayattalah Aly Halim, Human Action Recognition from 3D, 2014-2017, UFE research grant
- Katy Blanc, Analysis, Description and Recognition of Video content, 2014-2017, MENRT
- Melanie Ducoffe, Active Learning for Deep Networks, 2015-2018, ENS Grant
- John Anderson Garcia Henao, Towards a Green Artificial Intelligence applied to health care and well-being, 2016-2019, Labex Grant in collaboration with Hospital University Center
- Edson Alejandro Florez Suarez, Data Science at the service of pharmacovigilance (population approach) and personalized drug monitoring (data profiling), 2017-2020, Regional Grant with France Labs and in collaboration with Hospital University Center
- Laura Melissa Sanabria Rosas, Detection and caracterisation of salient moments for automatic summaries, 2017-2020, Regional Grant with Wildmoka
- Miguel Fabian Romero Rondon, Streaming virtual reality: learning for attentional models and network optimization, 2017-2020, MENRT Grant
- Geoffrey Portelli, Bio-Deep: A biology perspective for Deep Learning optimization and understanding, 2016-2018.
- Souad Chaabani, Interactive Image Search Engine by Visual Control, 2017-2018.
- Sujoy Chatterjee, Multiple Consensus Clustering for Multidimensional and
Imbalanced Data, in collaboration with Amadeus, 2018-2020.
Current Research Engineers:
- Lirone Samoun, 3D Object interactive search engine, Digiart Project, 2016-2018.
- Thomas Fisichella, Structure extraction from 3D point clouds, Digiart Project, 2016-2018.
Former PhD students at Universite Cote d'Azur:
- Romaric Pighetti, Content-Based Information Retrieval combining evolutionary algorithms and SVM, 2012-2016, MESR
- Stephanie Lopez, Interactive Content-based Retrieval based from Eye-tracking, 2013-2016, ANR Project VISIIR
- Ameni Bouaziz, Short message mining (tweet trends and events), 2013-2016, Regional Grant with Semantic Grouping Company
- Atheer Al-Nadji, Recommender system for Data Mining applied to sensor networks, 2013-2016, Irak gouvernment research grant
- Member of EDSTIC Doctoral School Council
- Member of Scientific Council of the Theoretical and Computational Modelisation in Neuro and Cognitive Sciences (http://univ-cotedazur.fr/en/idex/projet-structurant/cauca)
- Member of Pedagogical Committee for Computer Science Department of Polytech Engineering School
Projects: ANR VISIIR, H2020 DigiArt, ANR Deep in France.
Associate Professor at ENSEA
From Septembre 2005 to September 2011, with Ecole Supérieure Nationale de l'Electronique et de ses Applications (ENSEA)
Research interests: Video segmentation and Tracking, Active Contours and Level-Sets, Video Indexing, Content-Based Image and Multimedia Retrieval, Pattern Recognition and Computer Vision.
Former PhD students:
Projects : NoE MUSCLE, Projet Digiteo-Ile de France K-VideoScan, Projet ANR iTOWNS, Projet ANR EROS 3D.
Semantic methods for object extraction and retrieval
Institute of Telematics and Informatics at CERTH
, Thessaloniki, in the Multimedia Knowledge Group
of Professors Strintzis et Kompatsiaris
PhD thesis :
Parametric active contours for image and video segmentation
under the supervision of Pr Michel Barlaud
in the CReATIVe
group from October 1st, 2000, defended on September 24th, 2004 (manuscript PDF
, slides PDF file