I'm Full Professor of Computer Science at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis / Université Côte d'Azur (UCA). From september 2017, I belong to the Computer Science department of the Polytech Nice Sophia Antipolis Engineering School. I'm managing the major in Software Architecture at the Polytech Engineering School and Master in CS (common major at the graduate level).
From 2014 to 2021 I was responsible for apprenticeship at the CS Master 2 level (software engineering Major). From december 2017 to december 2018, I was deputy director of the engineering shool in charge of the corporate relations.
I'm also teaching different courses mainly related to Software Engineering.
As a researcher, I'm a member of the I3S laboratory (UMR CNRS-UNS 7271), involved in the large Sparks team. From 2021 on, I'm leading the MUSCAT research group inside this team. The group is focusing on facilitating practices and processes of all stakeholders (final users, product owners, developers, software architects) involved in the production of large scale software systems (e.g. variability-rich systems, emergent systems based on AI).
- Feb 2021: The MUSCAT thematic focus group is started within the SPARKS research team!
- Paper "Mapping Features to Automatically Identified Object-Oriented Variability Implementations - The case of ArgoUML-SPL" accepted as full paper at the VAMOS'2020 working conference!
- Philippe Lahire and I got a "best impact" Excellence Award from the Université Côte d'Azur in Dec 2019 for our work on Feature Modeling.
- Our paper "Composing Feature Models" with Mathieu Acher, Philippe Lahire, and late Robert B. France, published at SLE'2009 is going to receive the Most Influential Paper Award at the SLE'2019 conference!
- Paper "Identifying and Visualizing Variability in Object-Oriented Variability-Rich Systems" accepted as full paper at the main research track of SPLC'19 conference (ranked QUALIS A2). It also got an ACM Artifacts Evaluated – Reusable badge and the symfinder tool, used in this paper, will be presented in the demonstration and tool track!
- Paper "Multifaceted Automated Analyses for Variability-Intensive Embedded Systems" accepted as full paper at the main research track of ICSE'19 conference (ranked CORE A*, QUALIS A1 !)
- Software Product Lines and variability engineering (large scale management of variability-aware software, composition of feature models, relationships to software architectures, reverse engineering of variability models, domain-driven multiple software product lines)
- Model-Driven Engineering (separation of concerns, composition, lightweight DSL engineering, variability in requirement engineering and goal modeling)
- Application of variability engineering to other disciplines (information systems, web infrastructures, graphical user interfaces and dashboards, cyber-physical systems and sensing infrastructures, software security, sustainability)
- Self-adaptive systems (software architecture of the feedback control loops, large-scale management)
- From November 2016, member of the editorial board of the SoSyM journal, Springer (International Journal on Software and Systems Modeling)
- 2021: FASE'2021 (PC), VAMOS'2021 (PC), SPLC'2021 (PC), SPLC'2021 Doctoral Symposium (PC)
- 2020: SPLC'2020 (PC co-chair), MODEVAR@SPLC'2020 (organizer), VAMOS'2020 (PC), CIEL'2020 (PC)
- 2019: VAMOS'2019 workshop (PC), SPLC'2019 (PC), SPLC'2019 tutorials (co-chair), SPLC'2019 tools and demo (PC), MODEVAR'2019 workshop (PC), SPLTea'2019 workshop
- 2018: SPLC'2018 (PC), SPLC'2018 (Data, demonstration and tool co-chair), TTC'18 contest (PC)
- 2017: SPLC'2017 (PC), MODELS'2017 (demonstration and tool co-chair), VAMOS'2017 workshop (PC), SEAA'17/SPLSeco Track (PC), TTC'17 contest (PC), CIEL'2017 (steering chair)
- 2016: SPLC'2016 (PC), MODELS'2016 (PC), VAMOS'2016 workshop (PC), SEAA'16/SPLSeco Track (PC), SERA'2016 (PC), TTC'16 contest (PC), CIEL'2016 (PC, steering chair)
- 2015: Modularity'2015 (Demo and Poster chair), SPLC'2015 (PC), SEAA'2015-SPLSeco (PC), CIEL'2015 (steering committee), VAMOS'2015 workshop (PC), FMSPLE worskhop (PC), SPLTea workshop at SPLC (PC), SPLat workshop at SPLC (PC), Sustainability workshop at Modularity (PC), CIEL'2015 (PC, steering chair)
- 2014: general chair of the VAMOS'2014 workshop in Nice, ECMFA'2014 (PC), SPLC'2014 (PC), SEAA'2014-SPLSeco (PC), SERA'2014 (PC), CIEL'2014 (steering committee), SPLTea workshop at SPLC (PC), SPLat workshop at SPLC (PC), CIEL'2014 (PC, steering)
- 2013: ECMFA/ECOOP/ECSA'2013 joint Doctoral Symposium (co-chair), VAMOS'2013 (PC co-chair), CIEL'2013 (steering committee), SERA'2013 (PC), AMINO workshop at MODELS (PC), CMA workshop at MODELS (PC), JLDP'2013 (PC), CIEL'2013 (PC, steering)
- Currently: Coordinator of the apprenticeship at the CS Master 2 level (software engineering Major).
- Currently: Coordinator the major in Software Architecture at the Polytech Engineering School and Master in CS (common major at the graduate level).
- Coordinator of the apprenticeship in computer science of Polytech Nice Sophia : 3-year engineering degree (eq. Master), and Master of CS (final year), january 2019 -> january 2020
- Coordinator of the apprenticeship part of Master IFI / Informatique (1st and 2nd master years in Computer Science, more than 50 students per year), from september 2014 to december 2019
- Deputy Director in charge of corporate relations of Polytech Nice Sophia, december 2017 -> december 2018
- Software Engineering (basic concepts, object-orientation in SE, unit testing, mocks, test-driven development, design patterns, dynamic class loading, with the Java language)
- Software Architecture (Design patterns, Layered Architectures, Spring, JavaEE, micro-services)
- Software Product Lines and Variability Management
- Software Project Management (requirements, planning, agile principles and practices, software configuration & construction, V&V, testing, test-driven development, profiling, support tools for versioning, bug tracking)
Positions and Education
- Sept 2017: Full Professor, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis / Université Côte d'Azur (teaching at the Polytech Nice Sophia engineering school)
- Sept 2013: appointed as Full Professor at Université Nice Sophia Antipolis (teaching at the Faculty of Sciences)
- Dec 2011: obtained HDR ("Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches") from Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
- Sept. 2010 - Aug. 2011: Full-time researcher (delegation) at CNRS (I3S lab)
- Sept 1999: apppointed as Assistant Professor at Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
- 1999: Postdoc - University of Glasgow (Scotland, UK)
- 1998: Research and Teaching Assistant at Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
- 1997-1998: Qualification Engineer at French Navy Technical Center in Toulon
- Dec. 1997: obtained PhD in Computer Science from Université Nice Sophia Antipolis
e-mail : Philippe[DOT]Collet[AT]unice[DOT]fr
|I3S Research Lab & Teaching dept at Polytech Nice Sophia
Phone: +33 (0)4 89 15 41 59
Room: 445 (Templiers 1 building)
Laboratoire I3S - UNS - UCA / CNRS UMR 7271