|CNRS research fellow at Université de la Côte d'Azur
Director of the Modeling in Neuroscience and Cognition Institute (NeuroMod)
In charge of CNRS team (eXplAIn) between computer science lab I3S and math lab JAD
Alexandre Muzy is a specialist of computational modeling and simulation based on system theory, more specifically temporal (discrete event) learning systems currently applied to neurocognitive systems (cf. Computabrain project). In research, he works on the development of the new activity approach for structuring and simulating efficiently systems. He works also on the new iterative specification formalism for hybrid systems that served as a foundation of the new edition of Theory of modeling and simulation.
Some recent papers on the computational modeling, simulation and learning of the neurocognitive system
C. Mascart, G. Scarella, P. Reynaud-Bouret, A. Muzy (2022) "Scalability of large neural network simulations via activity tracking with time asynchrony and procedural connectivity", Neural Computation, MIT Press.
- O. Sabri, A. Muzy (2019) "Learning Dynamics of Cognitive Parallel Processing Based on a Collective Evaluation". IEEE Computer Society, 2019, Proceedings of The 18th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics & Cognitive Computing.
- A. Muzy (2019) "Exploiting activity for the modeling and simulation of dynamics and learning processes in hierarchical (neurocognitive) systems", IEEE Magazine of Computing in Science & Engineering (CISE), vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 84-93.
- O. Guinaudeau , G. Bernot, A. Muzy, D. Gaffé and F. Grammont (2018) "Computer-aided Formal Proofs about Dendritic Integration within a Neuron", In Proceedings of the 11th International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies - Volume 4: BIOINFORMATICS, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, 49-60.
- A. Muzy, B. P. Zeigler and F. Grammont (2018) "Iterative Specification as a Modeling and Simulation Formalism for I/O General Systems," in IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 2982-2993.
- Keynote of SCS/ACM Summer Simulation international conference (SummerSim 2020), 20 july 2020, on How Activity-Based Modeling and Simulation Can Move Artificial Learning Algorithms Closer to Real Neurocognitive Mechanisms, initially in Madrid, Spain, but virtual because of Covid19.
- Educational panel of SCS/ACM Summer Simulation international conference (SummerSim 2020), 21 july 2020, initially in Madrid, Spain, but virtual because of Covid19.
- Invited speaker at Eurosis European Simulation and Modelling Conference (ESM 2020), 21-23 october 2020, on Modeling and Simulation of Behavioral and Neuronal Activities for the Design of New Algorithms capturing the Learning Process Dynamics LAAS, in Toulouse, France.
- Keynote at Journées Francophones de la Modélisation et de la Simulation (JFMS 2020), november 4-6 2020, on Computational modeling: Introduction to the theory and research challenges, in Cargese, France.
- Invited speaker at SOPH.I.A Summit 2018, IA & Fondamentaux, 8 november 2018, in Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Invited to 2017 Bellairs CAMPaM (Computer Automated Multi-Paradigm Modelling) workshop, 17 March - 24 March, in McGill University's Bellairs campus, Barbados.
PC - International Conferences
Conference on Modelling Methods in Computer Systems, Networks and Bioinformatics (ISCIS 2019), October 14-15, 2019, Paris Scientific Centre of the Polish Academy of Sciences, France.
- The 2017 International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS 2017), July 17 – 21, 2017, Genoa, Italy.
- Symposium on Theory of Modeling and Simulation - IEEE/ACMS/SCS: 2016 , ... , 2011
- An organizer of Les journées DEVS francophones : Théorie et Applications (JDF'2016), April 11-15, Cargese, France.
- ACM/IEEE Complex Events and Information Modelling (CEIM): 2014
- ACM/IEEE/SMC Winter Simulation Conference - (WSC) Environmental and Sustainability Applications: 2014
- IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology: 2014, 2013
- ACM SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation (PADS): 2013
- Modeling and Simulation on Grid and Cloud Computing (MSGC) - IEEE/ACM: 2012
- European Simulation and Modelling Conference (ESM): 2013, 2012
- International Conference on Simulation and Modeling Methodologies, Technologies and Applications (Simultech) - INSTICC/WFMC/OMG: 2011