- PhD student in the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, France, at the Laboratory CNRS - I3S.
- Member of the project MEMEX as part of the Horizon H2020 program.
- Working with Andrew I. Comport during my Postdoc entitled: "Visual learning and 3D mapping for mobile Augmented Reality".
Background and Position
- (2018 - 2021) Postdoc in the TITANE team - INRIA Mediterrané. PhD on the topic of "Global Pose Estimation and Tracking for RGB-D Localization and 3D Mapping".
- (2014 - Present) PhD Candidate. Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis, CNRS - I3S, France. Thesis title: "Life long navigation and map learning in dynamic environments" and participant in the COMANOID H2020 project. Adviser: Andrew I. Comport.
- (Sep - Dec 2015) Industrialization Engineer. Pixmap, France. Project: "Dense Visual SLAM".
- (Oct 2012 - Mar 2013) Undergraduate intern. CNRS-I3S, France. Project: "Development of a software and hardware for an autonomous crawler platform"
- (2011 - 2015) Master and college mission. Laboratorio de Robotica Movil, Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico. Project: "Odometry to perform autonomous navigation for mobile robots".
- (2011 - 2013) Master in Electrical Engineering. Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico. Thesis title: "Odometry of a Crawler robotic platform". Advisers: Andrew I. Comport & Juan Gabriel Aviña Cervantes.
- (2006 - 2011) Mechatronic Engineering degree. Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico. Thesis title: "Odometry of a threaded tank robot". Adviser: Juan Gabriel Aviña Cervantes.
I have been involved in autonomous navigation research and currently working on improving the estimation of trajectories and generation of accurate 3D maps by globally/locally aligning RGB-D images. These 3D maps can be useful as a database for mobile robotic platforms in order to perform autonomous navigation while updating the information of the maps. My research areas includes: Robotics, automatization, autonomous-cars, sensor fusion, digital intrumentation, software and hardware programming, visual servoing, autonomous navigation, 3D reconstruction, visual SLAM, computer vision.
- Point-to-hyperplane RGB-D pose estimation: Fusing geometric and photometric measurements. [Best Student Paper Finalist]. IROS 2016, Daejeon, South Korea. [PDF]
- A Proof that Fusing Measurements Using Point-to-Hyperplane Registration is Invariant to Relative Scale. [Best Student Paper, Second runner up]. MFI 2016. Baden-Baden, Germany. [PDF].
- (2016) Augmented reality course. Université de Nice Sophia Antipolis. France.
- (2012) Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico.
- (2012) Geometry Analytic. Universidad de Guanajuato, Mexico.