- I am a 2nd-year PhD candidate in the Université Côte d'Azur at the laboratory CNRS-I3S and a Research Engineer at Airbus (CIFRE scholarship),
- Supervised by Andrew I. Comport (CNRS-I3S), co-supervised by Denis Marraud (Airbus),
- Member of the Robot Vision team.
Background and Position
- 2016 - present PhD candidate in the Université Côte d'Azur at the laboratory CNRS-I3S. Research engineer at Airbus (CIFRE scholarship).
Title: Dense classification and segmentation using RGB-D sensors for the accurate localisation of a manufacturing collaborative robot.
- 2015 (6 months) Computer vision Research intern at Dassault Systèmes, Corporate Research.
Title: Real-time multimodal tracking on mobile devices for augmented reality applications.
- 2014 (6 months) Hardware electrical engineering intern at SYSNAV.
Title: Conception and development of a 3D high-precision magnetic field generator controlled by digital profiles.
- 2014 - 2015 Master of Science (Msc) in Digital Signal and Image Processing from INSA de Lyon, France.
- 2012 - 2015 Engineering degree and Master of Science (MSc) majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering from INSA de Lyon, France.
- 2009 - 2012 Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Aerospace Engineering from ESTACA, France.
My research interests lie at the intersection of computer vision, machine learning and robotics with a focus on scene understanding for robots evolving in environments modeled by pre-existing 3D models. Topics of interest include deep neural networks, semantic segmentation, semantic instance segmentation, visual odometry, real-time direct tracking, visual SLAM.
I'm currently working on COMANOID project (2015-2019) - for Multi-Contact Collaborative Humanoids in Aircraft Manufacturing - which is a 4-year European research project as part of the Horizon H2020 program.
- "Classification dense d'images de profondeur entraînée sans données réelles", Howard Mahé, Denis Marraud, Andrew I. Comport,
XXVIème colloque GRETSI (GRETSI 2017), Sep 2017, Juan-les-Pins, France. 2017
- IP Days 2016 @ Airbus Defense & Space, Toulouse : Deep Learning for Semantic Scene Understanding (21/11/2016) [slides, poster]
- IP Hours 2016 @ Airbus Group Innovations, Suresnes : Conditional Random Fields in Computer Vision (15/04/2016) [slides]
- "Learning Segmentation of Depth maps from 3D CAD Models" [poster], Howard Mahé, Denis Marraud, Andrew I. Comport,
International Computer Vision Summer School (ICVSS), Jul 2017, Sicily, Italy. 2017