- Networks, Video streaming, Virtual Reality
- Mobile networks, Caching, Optimization
- SDN, TCP, Disruption Tolerant Networks (DTNs), Mobile Social Networks, Network Coding
Projects and Scientific AdministrationProject coordinator:
- UCA Idex (Academy 1) project UCA4SVR: User-Centric Approaches for Streaming Virtual Reality, Jan. 2017 - Dec. 2017 (38.5K€).
- ANR (french research agency) Jeunes Chercheurs project TRouP WilMA: Transport and Routing Protocols in Wireless and Mobile Ad hoc Networks, 2010-2014. More info here.
- INS2I (CNRS) Jeunes Chercheurs project VIRTOUCAN: Virtual Reality Testbed Oriented to User-Centric Approach in Networking, Jan. 2017 - Dec. 2017 (10 K€).
- Telecom ParisTech project Ankor: Applications of Network Coding to Network Protocols, 2010-2011. Joint project between Telecom SudParis, Inria and UNS.
- Cifre contract with Orange labs, Issy-les-Moulineaux: Quality of Experience in video streaming over cellular networks.
Member of the Technical Committee of Elsevier Computer Communications.
Member of the technical program committees of IEEE RAWNET/WNC3 2009, 2013 and 2014, WCSP 2012, VTC 2013, Netgcoop 2016.
- Vitalii Poliakov (2015-2018) - Software Defined Networking for Quality of Experience-based network optimization and management: application to 5G networks - Co-supervised with Damien Saucez (Inria). Funded by Labex UCN@Sophia.
- Neetya Shrestha (Mar. 2012 - Defended Apr. 2015) - Inter-session Network Coding in Mobile Social DTNs - Funded by ANR project TRouP WilMA.
- Arshad Ali (Oct. 2009 - Defended Nov. 2012) - Topics in Delay Tolerant Networks (DTNs): Reliable Transport, Estimation and Tracking - Co-supervised with Tijani Chahed (Telecom SudParis) and Eitan Altman (Inria).
- Romaric Pighetti
- Post doc (Feb. 2017 - Aug. 2017)
- UCA4SVR project
- Topic: User-Centric Approaches for Streaming Virtual Reality
- PhD: Universite Nice Sophia Antipolis
- Carlos Colman Meixner
- Post doc (Oct. 2016 - Sep. 2018)
- Labex grant
- Topic: Cloud-based Virtualized Optical Networks for 5G Access Network (C-RAN): planning for energy savings and user-level video quality
- PhD: University of California at Davis
- Hasti Pedersen
- PhD student at University of California at San Diego (Nov. 2015 - Jan. 2016)
- Chateaubriand grant from the French embassy in Washington
- Topic: Network coding and mobile caches for video streaming
- Manoj Panda
- Post doc (Nov. 2010 - Dec. 2011)
- Telecom ParisTech project Ankor, co-located with Telecom SudParis
- Topic: Applications of Network Coding to Network Protocols
- PhD: Indian Institute of Science
PublicationsFrom 2009, as a Maître de conférences at the university, my teaching duties range from 200 to 250 hours a year (except on my leave Sep. 2016-Aug. 2017).
(*) Authors appear in alphabetical order.
L. Sassatelli and M.-J. Montpetit. Technologies and Architectures for Future IP Television Services. accepted in "A Comprehensive Guide to IPTV Delivery Networks", S. Mohamed Fati, S. Azad, A. K. Pathan (Eds.), Wiley, 2016.
A. Ali, M. Panda, L. Sassatelli, T. Chahed and E. Altman. Reliable Transport in Delay Tolerant Networks. in "Routing in Opportunistic Networks", Woungang, I.; Dhurandher, S.K.; Anpalagan, A.; Vasilakos, A.V. (Eds.), Springer, 2013, ISBN 978-1-4614-3513-6.
N. Shrestha and L. Sassatelli. Inter-Session Network Coding-based Policies for Delay Tolerant Mobile Social Networks. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 15(11), pp. 7329-7342, Nov. 2016.
L. Sassatelli, A. Ali, M. Panda, T. Chahed and E. Altman. Reliable Transport in Delay Tolerant Networks with Opportunistic Routing. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 13(10), pp.5546-5557, Oct. 2014.
E. Altman, L. Sassatelli and F. De Pellegrini. Dynamic Control of Coding for Progressive Packet Arrivals in DTNs. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 12(2), pp. 725-735, Feb. 2013.
L. Sassatelli and D. Declercq. Non-binary hybrid LDPC codes. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 56(10), pp. 5214-5334, Oct. 2010.
W. Henkel, K. Hassan, N. von Deetzen, S. Sandberg, L. Sassatelli and D. Declercq. UEP concepts in modulation and coding. Hindawi Advances in Multimedia, vol 2010, 2010.
Ramon Aparicio-Pardo and Lucile Sassatelli. A Green Video Control Plane with Fixed-Mobile Convergence and Cloud-RAN. IEEE International Teletraffic Congress (ITC), Genoa, Italy, Sep. 2017.
R. Aparicio Pardo and L. Sassatelli. A Cost Model for Green Fog Computing and Networking. Invited paper, IEEE International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), Gerona, Spain, July 2017.
M. Bouzian, T. En-Najjary, M. Bouhtou, G. Urvoy-Keller and L. Sassatelli. Joint Optimization of QoE and Wasted resources due to users abandonment in Mobile Video Streaming. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Paris, France, May 2017.
L. Sassatelli and M. Médard. Thwarting Pollution Attacks in Network Coding for Delay Tolerant Mobile Social Networks. International Conference on Internet of Things, Data and Cloud Computing, Cambridge, UK, Mar. 2017.
V. Poliakov, L. Sassatelli, D. Saucez. Case for caching and Model Predictive Control quality decision algorithm for HTTP Adaptive Streaming: is cache-awareness actually needed?. IEEE Globecom Workshop on Quality of Experience for Multimedia Communications, Washington, DC, USA, Dec. 2016.
S. Livi, L. Sassatelli and G. Urvoy-Keller. HTTP Adaptive Streaming and Access Router Management: the Users’ and Network’s Perspectives. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communication and the Internet (ICCCI), Wuhan, China, Oct. 2016.
R. Aparicio Pardo and L. Sassatelli. Adaptive video streaming and fixed-mobile convergence: A good team to reduce backhaul power consumption and improve users' QoE. Invited paper, IEEE International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON), Trento, Italy, July 2016.
V. Poliakov, L. Sassatelli, D. Saucez. Impact of Caching on HTTP Adaptive Streaming Decisions: towards an Optimal. IEEE Infocom Student Workshop, San Francisco, CA, USA, Apr. 2016.
M. Bouzian, T. En-Najjary, M. Bouhtou, L. Sassatelli and G. Urvoy-Keller. QoE Optimization of ON/OFF Video Streaming Strategy in Wireless Networks. IFIP Wireless Days, Toulouse, France, Mar. 2016.
N. Shrestha and L. Sassatelli. Inter-Session Network Coding in Delay Tolerant Mobile Social Networks: an Empirical Study. IEEE Autonomic and Opportunistic Communications (AOC), WoWMoM workshop, Boston, MA, USA, Jun. 2015.
N. Shrestha and L. Sassatelli. On Control of Inter-session Network Coding in Delay-Tolerant Mobile Social Networks. ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM), Montreal, Canada, Sep. 2014. (Acc. rate: 22%)
S. Belhareth, D. Lopez-Pacheco, L. Sassatelli, D. Collange and G. Urvoy-Keller. Understanding Synchronization in TCP Cubic. IEEE International Teletraffic Congress (ITC), Kalskrona, Sweden, Sep. 2014.
S. Belhareth, L. Sassatelli, D. Collange, D. Lopez-Pacheco and G. Urvoy-Keller. Understanding TCP Cubic Performance in the Cloud: a Mean-field Approach. IEEE International Conference on Cloud Networking (CloudNet), San Francisco, USA, Nov. 2013. (Acc. rate: 28%)
N. Shrestha and L. Sassatelli. On Optimality of Routing Policies in Delay-Tolerant Mobile Social Networks. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), Dresden, Germany, June 2013.
L. Sassatelli and M. Médard. Inter-session Network Coding in Delay-Tolerant Networks under Spray-and-Wait Routing. IEEE International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization of Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt), Paderborn, Germany, May 2012.
A. Ali, E. Altman, T. Chahed, D. Fiems, M. Panda and L. Sassatelli. Estimating File-Spread in Delay Tolerant Networks under Two-Hop Routing. IFIP Networking, Prague, Czech Republic, May 2012.(*) (Acc. rate: 28%)
A. Ali, E. Altman, T. Chahed, M. Panda and L. Sassatelli. A New Proposal for Reliable Unicast and Multicast Transport in Delay Tolerant Networks. IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Toronto, Canada, Sep. 2011.
S. Shintre, L. Sassatelli and J. Barros. Generalized Delay-Secrecy-Throughput Trade-offs in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks. IEEE International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications/Topical Conference on Antennas and Propagation in Wireless Communications (ICEAA/APWC), Torino, Italy, Sep. 2011
A. Ali, E. Altman, T. Chahed, M. Panda and L. Sassatelli. A New Reliable Transport Scheme in Delay Tolerant Networks Based on Acknowledgments and Random Linear Coding. IEEE/ACM International Teletraffic Congress (ITC), San Francisco, CA, USA, Sep. 2011.(*) (Acc. rate: 33%)
E. Altman, F. De Pellegrini and L. Sassatelli. Dynamic control of coding in Delay Tolerant Networks. IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (Infocom), pp: 1-5, San Diego, CA, USA, March 2010. (Acc. rate: 17.5%)
L. Sassatelli, S. K. Chilappagari, B. Vasic, and D. Declercq. Two-bit message passing decoders for LDPC codes over the binary symmetric channel. IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), pp: 2156-2160, Seoul, Korea, June 2009.
L. Sassatelli, D. Declercq, and C. Poulliat. Low Rate Hybrid LDPC Codes. IEEE International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Related Topics (ISTC), pp: 225-230, Lausanne, Switzerland, Sept. 2008.
L. Sassatelli and D. Declercq. Analysis of Non-binary Hybrid LDPC Codes. IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), pp: 2261-2265, Nice, France, June 2007.
W. Henkel, N. von Deetzen, K. Hassan, L. Sassatelli, and D. Declercq. Some UEP Concepts in Coding and Physical Transport. IEEE Sarnoff Symposium, pp: 1-5, Princeton, NJ, USA, Apr. 2007.
L. Sassatelli and D. Declercq. Non-binary Hybrid LDPC Codes : Structure, Decoding and Optimization. IEEE Information Theory Workshop (ITW), pp: 71-75, Chengdu, China, Oct. 2006.
L. Sassatelli, W. Henkel, and D. Declercq. Check-Irregular LDPC Codes for Unequal Error Protection. IEEE International Symposium on Turbo Codes and Related Topics (ISTC), Munich, Germany, Apr. 2006.
L. Sassatelli and D. Declercq. Quelques résultats sur les codes LDPC Hybrides. 21ème colloque GRETSI, Troyes, France, Sept. 2007.
L. Sassatelli and D. Declercq. Codes LDPC Hybrides. Journées françaises du codage et de la cryptographie, Carcans, France, Mars 2008.
L. Sassatelli. Hybrid LDPC codes and iterative decoding methods. PhD dissertation, Université de Cergy-Pontoise, October 2008.
L. Sassatelli. Unequal error protection LDPC codes. MSc dissertation, International University Bremen, September 2005.