Signals, Images and Systems
This research division conducts research in the fields of signal and image processing, multimedia data compression, communication networks, robotics and autonomous systems, and optimal experimental design.
SIS is composed of 37 permanent members, and approximately as many non-permanent members at a given time, including PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, interns and visitors.
Main Research Activities
- Biological and Biomedical Signal and Image Processing : details on biomedical signal processing activities can be found on the Signal team webpage. Our biological image processing activities are carried out in the Morpheme EPC team webpage.
- Multimedia Coding : data coding activities are detailed on the Mediacoding team webpage.
- Autonomous systems : the OSCAR team focuses on fundamental science and technology underlying the perception and control of mobile robots, topics around accurate large-scale 3D world models with low-cost consumer sensors are dealt within Robot Vision, Model/Data based approaches for control are investigated in Hybride and Fault tolerant Control by Fault-IA.
- Observation and Modeling : information about these activities can be found on the webpage of the Design team.
- Wireless Communications Systems and Networksactivities around Tensors on the Signal team webpage.